VUTRAX SOFTWARE ADVICE NOTICE 215 (18 Aug
VUTRAX 13.2a for Linux
Installation on Fedora Core 9
Initial symptom - The Installer appears not to start
- The Vutrax installer (vutrax_set_up) may appear not
to start because necessary low
resolution fonts are absent. Applying the Log output
setting described in the README
shows the reason for failure.
- After the failed attempt plain text edit file
to append the line
(that is 'equals' 'one' & a line feed)
The installer should now run and install vutrax (assumed
hereafter to be at the default
When you reach the '... Ready to Initialise and start
Vutrax' message, leave the box
untouched and edit plain text edit file
to adjust the existing line hiresfonts=0 to
hiresfonts=1 (similar to before)
before allowing the install & startup to complete.
Some dialogue boxes may overfill button outlines, and a
few characters strangely displayed.
- Beyond a reasonable sized update. Planned for the next
The Fall-back help system fails to start the Firefox
- Possible Problem:
- 'firefox' is not in our list of
browsers to try, and 'netscape' and 'mozilla' are
not aliased to it
in Fedora Core 9.
- Use sudo, su or log in as root and create a
soft link to /usr/bin/firefox from
/usr/bin/inetview. e.g. From a terminal window use this
-s /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/inetview
If you used su remember to exit.
- Planned for the next release.
- Internet Site.
- Customers Reporting Problems.