VUTRAX SOFTWARE ADVICE NOTICE 216 (17 Mar 2014)
VUTRAX 13.5a Update 1
importing atypical TRACE pad shapes
These work properly if no diagnostic is generated
- Some modules may stop with a format diagnostic when
importing Vutrax graphics files that contain a
- user generated TRACE (user drawn) pas shape. We have
only one live report of a problem, but
- at can occur whenever you introduce a new TRACE pad
- EMTOVTX - Emma photoplot decoding
- GBTOVTX - Gerber photoplot Decoding
- CNCTOOLS - Used by PLOT to generate list of
- GERB274X - Used to PLOT to generate aperture
- EDLIBSILK - Silk Library edit (copied shape is
- VTX1312 - Back converter to Vutrax 12.
- LIBMAN - Library Manager
- PARTDATA - An example parts list analyser but
used by some customers.
- VTX2IDF - IDF format converter
- SPCTOVTX - Specctra/Electra output decoder
(copied shape is correct)
Might Malfunction even if no diagnostic generated
- VTXTOSPC - Encodes Vutrax graphics for
process by 3rd party Specctra / Electra routers.
Slight chance of undetected error encoding the pad shape
for use by the 3rd party
routers. Routes near these pads may be missed or violate
Design Rule Checking will detect any violations
- All of the modules except for the IDF
converter and the Specctra / Electra router
can be updated by installing the one file
- The IDF converter and the Specctra /
Electra router interfaces can be updated by
- and installing the updated Interface Modules from the
web site (not the versions on the 13.5a
install CD image)
Files in the 13.5a CD image are NOT updated,
nor are these fixes available for the Linux issue.
These updates will be included in the upcoming Vutrax
To install any or all of these use
Enable Changes from (File > Setup >
Install from (File > Setup > Configuration)
and select the folder you downloaded the files into to
find the .t01 and .i01 files.
- Internet Site.
- Customers Reporting Problems.