Technical Support and the Latest Information for
- Vutrax Version 13.1a -
Vutrax 13.1a was released in Feb 2007 for Windows 95,
98, ME, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, XP x64, Vista
and Vista x64, as well as modern Linux Intel 486 based
This is an outline of
new features which are primarily platform compatibility
A detailed description will replace this when available.
Operational details of the changes are embedded in the
installation instructions and documented in the installed
- Availability -
This issue of the
software can be obtained by Downloading from our Web
site (www.vutrax.co.uk) as
selectable files or as an .iso image of the
combined installation CD-ROM. Where required
we can provide the
Those who have subscribed
to the Support and Update
Rights Agreement can either
software or request a CD-ROM. In either case
you will need a new configuration file - please
'Freeware' customers can update from downloaded materials
alone. The same 256 pin
limits and indefinite
Users who have NOT
subscribed to 'Support and
Update Rights' and would like
to know more details of the
costs involved, please telephone or e-mail the
Computamation office on:
- Vutrax 13.1a Enhancements -
- Vutrax file formats (including
Graphics, Libraries etc.) are bidirectionally
interchangeable with those used
for Vutrax 13.0a onwards. Graphics files from all earlier
issues can be used without formality. Backwards
compatibility is maintained through converters and/or
- Installation configuration files for
Vutrax 13.0 need to be updated for use when installing
- Windows only:
- Serial port key is no longer
required (on those systems still configured to need one).
company or personal user registration and licensing still
- Choice of storing window
preferences, Recent file lists etc. on a system wide
or per-user basis.
- Formal support for Windows Vista
- Purchased configurations are also
installable on Linux.
- Windows & Linux:
- Copying ad-hoc Window text to
- Automatic emptying of the Vutrax
- Potentially user updated standard
Files are updated but backed-up during updates
- Linux only:
- Installation can be started from a
file browser (assuming appropriate system permissions)
than requiring a Terminal Window command.
- Cosmetic cleanup for modern Windows
Managers including new icons and controls for window
- Cut, Copy and Paste within
dialogue boxes now functional.
- DRAFT Graphics Editor:
- Editing Trace Pad Shapes now
available through the menu system.
- Handling of very large/multiple
- Extension to GOTO command to pass
locations to macros.
- SEE Text Editor:
- Extended Spelling Checker
- Behaviour of highlighted sections
made consistent with Windows conventions.
- Text Hyperlinking to other
text files, web pages etc.
- Tutorial & Help:
- Using your standard browser if you
prefer or have trouble using our customised help
- VTXSHELL command options:
- Extensions to clipboard handling.
- Erasing files and queries and/or
- String options for handling quoted
strings & asking questions.
- Features for debugging nested
Vutrax is a registered trademark of Computamation Systems Ltd.