Technical Support and the Latest Information for VUTRAX Users
Issue Number 36
- Vutrax Version 13.2a -
Vutrax 13.2a was released in March 2008 for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, XP x64, Vista and Vista x64, as well as
modern Linux Intel 386 based and x64 operating systems.
This is an outline of new features which are primarily platform compatibility related.
Operational details of the changes are embedded in the installation instructions and documented in the installed product.
- Availability -
This issue of the software can be obtained by Downloading from our Web site (www.vutrax.co.uk) as selectable files (Windows or
Linux Downloads) or as an .ISO image (Broadband Download) of the combined installation CD-ROM. Where required we can provide
the CD-ROM itself.
Those who have subscribed to the Technical Support Agreement can either Download the software or request a CD-ROM. In either
case you will need a new configuration file - please e-mail your request.
'Freeware' customers can update from downloaded materials alone. The same 256 pin limits and indefinite use apply.
Users who have NOT subscribed to 'Technical Support' and would like to know more details of the costs involved, please telephone or
e-mail the Computamation office on:
- Vutrax 13.2a Enhancements -
- Vutrax file formats (including Graphics, Libraries etc.) are bidirectionally interchangeable with those used for Vutrax 13.0a, 13.0b
and 13.1a. Graphics files from all earlier issues can be used without formality. Backwards compatibility is maintained through
converters and/or procedures.
- Installation configuration files for Vutrax 13.1a need to be updated for use when installing Vutrax 13.2
- Windows Only:
- The Serial Port Key (Dongle) is no longer required (on those systems still configured to need one). Existing company or
personal user registration and licensing still apply to the new security arrangements. Customers not subscribed to the
Techincal Support Agreement should contact the office for details of the costs involved to upgrade their system(s).
- Purchased Windows configurations are also installable on Linux Systems.
- Windows & Linux:
- Process priority selected according to type of job to improve interactive performance while running processing bound tasks
e.g. Auto-Routing, Design Checking & Rats-Nest generation run at lower priority than interactive graphics.
- Linux Only:
- Library pre-Installer is no longer required. The files .../rtl/*.so are no longer needed.
- Compatibility with SE Linux or x64 processors does not require any overrides (SAN214 is no longer needed).
- Simple utilities can be run direct from Launchers and/or Bash shell.
- A number of dialogue box & menu layouts and usability improved.
- Automatic 'stacking' of similar Window types implemented.
- Draft (Graphics) Editor:
- Mass change of pad/script size using Box, Pick & Blink groupings includes selection and changes of orientation and
Degree Turn selections
- Introduction of a pad with undefined shape offers to enter the setup dialogue.
- [Linux] Banding uses dotted outline (similar to Windows version)
- See (Text) Editor:
- Extended Spelling Checker
- Tutorial & Help:
- [Linux] Detects missing libraries for embedded help browser and offers workaround, or instructions for installing them
- Vutrax Shell (Vtxshell) Command Options:
- Windows Vista and Linux environment variable determination formalised.
- New command Priority to adjust the process priority of the running/and or spawned processes
- [Linux] Improved control of Top Window and Keyboard focus when using the shell interactively.
- [Linux] DIR command extended to picks out arbitrary patterns in file mode settings.
- Command WINCLOSE accepts option /P<process name> to extend operation.
- Extended SETSTR directives LWR, UPR, and ULW to convert letter case.
- Intended for use with FULLPATH for controlling filename case.
- Menu System:
- Invokes appropriate priorities for programs it starts.
Computamation Systems Ltd.
Vutrax is a registered trademark of Computamation Systems Ltd.